Why have a Facebook Page
Recently one of my clients had forwarded an article to me about why you need to have a facebook page for your business, so I clicked on the link http://bit.ly/b5vRrW and the title was Study Shows That Facebook Fans Become Valuable Customers so it talked about how this local Houston bakery had increased their business exponentially due to their Facebook Page called ”Sweet”. This is what they said:
(In the Italic are my thoughts)
Here are 5 key takeaways from Dessert Gallery’s example:
1. Use Facebook and other social media sites to establish an online presence, reaching a larger audience and attracting potential customers, prospects, vendors and even media. Using a Facebook Page is a great way to reach not only into your own community but also into many more, you can build great relationships, which then build trust and then build business and customers.
2. Engage with your community for free and easily post up-to-date information about promotions, new products, upcoming events, etc. Social Networking like Facebook is FREE for people to join which makes this a very cost effective way to promote your business. Keeping people up to date online can save money on printing inside the store/shop, posting coupons online for your fans to see and use is measurable way to track where your NEW clients/customers are coming from. By posting events and coupons this keeps your community up to date and not only that it makes them feel a part of your business, this builds relationships. On Facebook pages you are able to post pictures and videos; here you are able to show new products that you have. Remember 85% of our world’s people are visual so having pictures is a great way for them to purchase online or come in and shop!
3. Strengthen customer relations by interacting with customers directly on a social level as opposed to a business level. A lot of what I talk about is building relationships with your prospects and current clients/customers and the interacting part of Facebook is remarkable, you can also stay up to date on them! Facebook has a totally different feel to it then when people just stop by your shop or speak to you a couple times a month.
4. Listen to customers’ feedback. Customers are more likely to share reviews about products/services as well as good or bad experiences online, so utilize the information presented for your company’s benefit. I cannot tell you enough how important this tool can be. When I started my business one thing I was told is a successful business owner is always open to feedback and constructive criticism, I think about this every day. Using this tool and asking for your customers/clients feedback is a great way to interact with them and then incorporating their ideas or at least valuing their opinions.
5. Keep expenses low by building a Facebook Fan Page for free. Take advantage of low-cost, online resources instead of spending money on direct mail and paper advertisements. I LOVE that Social Networking is FREE! I think all businesses need to be doing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube because they are all such great tools for you to grow your business and reach thousands of people. One of the major fears that small to large size businesses have is how much everything is going to cost and what will their return be. By utilizing the amazing marketing tool and internet marketing strategy you can really see a huge return and didn’t even have to spend a penny! That is a smart business owner.
Why have a Facebook Page
“Why Do I Need Internet Marketing?”
I think all business owners need to learn about Internet Marketing Strategies. When you Google “Internet Marketing” this is the definition that comes up in the Wikipedia Internet marketing also refers to the placement of media along different stages of the customer engagement cycle through search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), banner ads on specific websites, e-mail marketing, and Web 2.0 strategies.
Internet Marketing Strategies can really help your business succeed. If you offer an amazing service or product, Internet Marketing is a great place to advertise it and see results. The best thing about Internet Marketing Strategies is there are so many of them that are FREE! A few reasons you should learn about Internet Marketing Strategies are One: there are so many different ways that you can be very creative and stand out, Two: You will build a network of people that you build relationships with and that is when business will start happening, Three: You are showing why you are an expert in what you do and educating people, this builds trust, which builds business!
We are always wondering as Entrepreneurs “How can we grow our business?” Well by using Internet Marketing Strategies you can achieve this. I like to think of Internet Marketing including Social Networking as a very large in person networking event, because it is all about building those relationships and being of service to people. Internet Marketing Strategies can feel a little overwhelming when you dip your hand in because there are so many different ways to do Internet Marketing like advertising, writing articles, Social networking, webinars, newsletters, email marketing, Websites and blogs, videos, and many more. I think the part that people tend to forget is finding the ones that work for you! Just because one person made a huge success from one thing does not mean it will work for you. You need to explore your options and see if advertising online works best or maybe just Social Networking or maybe even writing articles. Internet Marketing Strategies take some time to figure out, I also recommend you find someone who is an “expert” with internet marketing strategies, social networking and blog sites to get their opinion on these and see what input they can give you. From my experience Social Networking and blog sites with videos capability have shown the most return. You do have to be careful when it comes to Internet Marketing because there are a lot of online SCAMS that people can fall for. Here are a few tips to remember when tapping into the Internet Marketing world; first, do not pay over $500 for a website, when it comes to a website ask about SEO, SEM, Videos and blogging content. Second, be careful of the scams online that say” I grew my down line over 3000 people in 2 weeks and for $$$$ I can show you” those are just very wrong to me. Third, do your research! Research the people you are going to work with, the products you want to use, protect yourself. Fourth, remember anything that goes up online can come down and we cannot live in fear of the internet world. Internet Marketing is a large variety of tools that can help you grow your data base and customer base; I challenge you to learn more