Everyone has heard of Google Ads, and they can work great and cost you a lot of your marketing budget. One thing with Google Ads is they can be misleading and really they have no restrictions! Facebook, now they are smart little cookies, they have created Facebook ads. This is how Facebook makes money. There are many more rule with Facebook advertising and restrictions, which I like, it is real advertising!
Here are some facts:
- 39 billion views per month on facebook
- Facebook has 1/20th the number of advertisers than Google
- On Facebook you can hone in on your target market
- Facebook can be the future of advertising
- Facebook pages are public and the Search Engines see them
- Facebook advertising has been compared as the New age of magazine advertising
- You have the ability to create an appealing ad
- You can monitor what people are saying about your ad so you can improve it at anytime
- The best thing Facebook gives you DATA
Steps to Create Your Ad:
1) Ad Creation
- Ads must engage Facebook users
- Use “The Creation Form” very simple
- Always use a image (Ones you have rights to or free ones)
- You can use captions in pictures as well
- Using Symbols may attract more clicks
2) 6 Rules you must listen to
- Headline – ask a question
- Picture – connects with people, tells the story and grabs attention
- Content – clear and if you make a promise you have fulfill it
- Using symbols &?/!@:) attracts more hits
- Use text on Images
- Landing page – fulfillment of promise in ad must be on landing page
3) No No’s
- Use caps and lower case appropriately
- Grammar must be proper
- Do not write incomplete thoughts
- Do not use dots like . . .
- Only use authentic discounts if you are offering one
- Please use appropriate pictures
- Watch what you are saying or advertising, make sure it is not offensive
- No abbreviations
4) Ad writing rules:
- Be conservative
- Tweak ads every 2 days if click through rate is below 2%, or you can tweak the target market as well
- Facebook allows you to target people very specifically, use this to your advantage
- Keywords – using information from profiles and data they have put on their profiles
- You can look at people birthdays and advertise towards that
- The key is multi layering, you don’t want to take it too far at the same time use the data you can
2) Cost Pay Per Click with Facebook
- They suggest 0.85 per click
- Do not go below 50,000 targeted mark, unless your ad is very specific
- If Click Through Rate is under 2%, you need to tweak your ad
- You can set a daily budget and lower the PPC cost if you want
1) Budgeting – choose what you want to spend on a daily basis
2) Remember you can set a daily limit of $10 if you want
3) Run ads continuously
4) Always start on Pay Per Click on the settings
5) Facebook gives you a suggested bids, take highest bid and divide it by 2 then that is the amount you want to pay
6) Facebook give you a estimate of how many clicks you can get, this is NOT a guarantee
I wanted to share this with you, this can be great to increase fan base, promote a special you are having or event better get more attendance at an event! Google is a great way of advertising and really can increase your business. Facebook is just another tool in your marketing tool box that you can use and may cost you a little less. I look forward to seeing your ads on Facebook.
This is what Facebook says about their advertising:
Connect with Real People
- Reach over 400,000,000 active Facebook users.
- Attach social actions to your ads to increase relevance.
- Create demand for your product with relevant ads.
Create Your Facebook Ad
- Quickly create image and text-based ads.
- Advertise your own web page or something on Facebook like a Page or an Event.
- Choose to pay per click (CPC) or impression (CPM) in your local currency.
Optimize Your Ads
- Track your progress with real-time reporting.
- Gain insight about who’s clicking on your ad.
- Make modifications to maximize your results.